Time for a Challenge

I haven't done a challenge for a while so this morning I had a browse on my tablet and found 


And here is the sketch


A lovely simple sketch you might think - oh my goodness did I struggle with this one!
I knew what I wanted to do but when it came to it - it just looked too cluttered.
So I simplified it and this is how it turned out - take a look


So - let me introduce you to Good Morning Magnolia - one of my new favourites (I know I say that about every stamp set!!)

The central image is just stunning and perfect for colouring in with the blends.
I stamped my image using Basic Gray and then coloured it with Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and daffodil Delight Blends. I then cut it out. Why didn't I buy the matching dies - because I like to fussy cut (or maybe it was because I placed my order for it after midnight and chose the wrong item. Note to self - don't place orders when half asleep!!)

I used some of the Magnolia Lane DSP to add the horizontal strip and the flower forms the circle of the sketch. I added a small piece of Bakers Twine to the stem and some flat backed dew drops.

I am really pleased with how this card finally turned out - please leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

See you soon - J xx


Comments

  1. I don't see any sign of a struggle - this is a stunner! You've colored that magnolia perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Beauty of the Deep

In The Frame.