A Forgotten Tutorial

I was cleaning up the Gallery on my phone when I came across some photographs that I took ages ago - before I became a Stampin' Up demo even so you can tell how long ago it was!
The photographs were of a Tent Fold card and I had taken them step by step as I made it. The stamps used are walk in the Wild which are sadly retired now - but any set can be used for this technique and I needed to get the photos off my phone so here goes!



First take a piece of card stock 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" and score in half down the longest side.


Now take a piece of card stock 11 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Score down at 1 1/4", 5 3/4" and 10"


Crease the folds with a bone folder.
Now die cut an aperture in the front of your card using a nesting die.


Using the nesting dies create a frame to sit on the aperture.
With the largest die used cut a piece of card stock for stamping on.


With inks and sponges (or daubers) start to create a background on the die cut label.


Build up a scene using different colours of ink and pieces of post it notes. Rip the post it notes and use to create hills and a horizon.
Add trees, birds, grass or a sun etc.


Adhere inside the card so that it fills the aperture.


Decorate the front of the card with stamps of add a layer of DSP.
Add the frame at this point.









The flaps at the bottom of the card fold up and the first piece of card stock is added to form a base. This ensures it can be  folded flat for postage.




Above you can see that I stamped, coloured and cut out an image for the front of my card.
A greeting can be added at this stage too.
Take card not to add glue to any part that will stick inside the aperture.
Add some bling and your card is complete.











I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the tutorials label - I have lots more for you to take a look at!

See you soon - J xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Beauty of the Deep

In The Frame.