Soft Spring Easel Card

Today's card is one that has sort of evolved into something else as I was making it!
I started off with my wisteria image from the hostess set Soft Spring. I had seen it used on a friend's blog and I was inspired to use it again.
Change no. 1 - I suddenly decided to change the colour from a soft violet shade to the bright yellow of a laburnum blossom.

Here's the card


I didn't like it! There was no place for a sentiment and it turned out very flimsy.
Change no. 2 - I turned it into an easel card



I used a darker green over my leaves and used a base of Garden Green card stock and I'm pleased to say I like it a lot better now!

I am entering this card into the challenges over at

the theme is 
SPRING FLOWERS

FOCUS ON FLOWERS




It's been a very blustery day in Bridgnorth today although it's still lovely and sunny - too windy for washing though as I'm sure it would have blown the line over!! Never mind - there's always tomorrow.

Thanks for looking today - see you soon - J xx

Comments

  1. I love both versions of this card Jacqueline! The doodled partial frame is a lovely touch on the first and I'm sure a bold or blocky sentiment would look lovely on it! The second is a great transformation too - just shows how versatile you can be while stamping! The stamp set is lovely isn't it - it was you that revealed the flower was supposed to be wisteria but you've shown how fab it looks as laburnum too! Take care, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the card looked initially, but it certainly is striking as an easel card version too. Lovely stamp. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!Thank you for playing along at Make My Monday. Looking forward to seeing you again!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card easel card is wonderful! Thank you for participating in the Make My Monday Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen - MMM DT
    Blog - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for playing at challenge up your life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Beauty of the Deep

In The Frame.