A Simple Birthday Card

I so enjoyed my little water colour moment yesterday that I thought I'd have another go today!
This is a little different but a fab technique that I picked up at a craft group a few years ago.
Take a look at my card and I will explain all!


This is a two part stamped image and I inked up the green stems first. I made sure it was well inked and then I gave it a light spray with some water. Only spray very lightly as you don't want to drip ink everywhere! The image was stamped onto some thick card stock and then gently dried with a heat gun. Again this needs to be done carefully or else the ink blows everywhere!!
Using a pale blue ink I did the same with the flower heads. As all the detail was lost I used a darker blue and over stamped the flowers . This was done after the first inking was dry.
A simple Happy Birthday was then added and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.



This card is being entered into the following challenges:






Thanks for stopping by today - see you soon - J xx

Comments

  1. Wow, beautiful card, Jacqueline. Love the technique you used. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.