Resolutions

I don't usually make New Year Resolutions because I usually break them! However this year I have made the decision to cut down on my plastic consumption. I can't see any more pictures of our seas and oceans and their wildlife choked by plastic and not do anything about it.




Plastic waste is set to treble in our oceans in the next decade and unless we make changes we will kill all our marine wildlife.

So, my resolutions are: to not buy plastic bags from shops - take my own reusable ones. Buy my fruit and veg from market stalls - no plastic packaging.
I am also going to try and replace things like face wipes and cotton wool pads with handmade reusable ones and attempt to make my own beauty products.

Today I'm sharing with you my new Bamboo Toothbrush


Looks like an ordinary toothbrush - yep. And even performs like one. It's a bit like brushing your teeth with a lolly stick to start with but you soon get used to it.

Instead of throwing out old pots and bottles when they are empty, how about washing them out and re purposing them?


There are plenty of tips and ideas on Pinterest on making your own natural beauty products and that's just what I am going to attempt to do.

It's going to be a huge learning curve - one which I am going to share with you. So stay tuned and watch this space as they say!!

Thanks for stopping by today - hope to see you again soon - J xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.