Spring Magnolia

Today’s card is celebrating Spring and one of the flowers that blooms so magnificently at this time of year (in the UK).

I love magnolia trees and this year they are blooming all over the place - there’s even one outside my mum’s window at her nursing home.

So that being said I had to create a card with one on and this is the result - take a look 



This stunning image is from Stampin’ Up in the Online Exclusives page and it’s perfect for colouring in. I’ve used both marker pens and watercolour pencils for this and I am so pleased with the result.

I am entering this card into the following two challenges 

Freshly Made Sketches






Well March sneaked away quite quickly didn’t it? And then Easter passed by too but what a lovely time it was especially as I got to spend time with my daughter, son in law and granddaughter.

Penny is 22 months now and loves drawing and colouring - good job Grandma (me) doesn’t mind the mess!!!



Comments

  1. Gorgeous colouring, Jacqueline! I love magnolias too and these are superb. Terrific use of our colours with the design - love it! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful flowers! I love how you've arranged them with the rectangles from the sketch behind them. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These magnolia flowers are absolutely gorgeous, a great tribute to this loely spring bloom. Thanks so much for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I tiptoe and crane my neck I can see the top of a magnolia from my window too! Haha, they are so beautiful it is worth it! You've captured their beauty perfectly. Thanks for playing at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Beauty of the Deep

In The Frame.