A Card For Mum

When I started this card it was going to be blue, it all changed though when I practised my stamping on a piece of scrap paper - it was too good to be scrapped so I carried on


After stamping the green didn't look quite right on the blue background so I got out the green instead. For a splash of colour I added some dark red in the form of Cherry Cobbler.
My greens are Certain Celery and Garden Green, my stamp set is My Friend. The same stamp has been used twice to give a shadow effect.
My ribbon is red gingham and was given to me by a crafty friend as it was destined for another project but that fell through so I squirrelled it away ready to bring out for a special occasion.

It's been a strange sort of day today, the sort of day that doesn't really go anywhere. Hopefully it's about to get better as my husband is cooking up a curry - yum!
See you soon - Jacqueline xx

Comments

  1. Beautiful card. Really like the colour combo and great stamp. Love the ribbon too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really stunning Jacqueline - and you've done it again: I don't have this set but you've really made me want it! Hope you enjoyed the curry - yum, my favourite! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Colour Refresh