Vintage Birthday!

Hello folks - sorry I've been away a while. I had not been very well over the week end, Bank holiday Monday I felt a little better, did a bit of gardening but had to admit defeat and come in as I started to feel poorly again. So I took the time to make my Husband's birthday card. It was quite a large birthday as you will see from the pics and I thought rather cheekily that I would use my 'Vintage' Vogue stamp set. I know it's very feminine and flowery but the border stamp looked very nice stamped around the edges. What do you think?
Here is a pic of the middle

And this is the card open

Now, this is the card that I thought I would enter for this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge . This week it is a colour challenge so I got out what I thought were the required colours ( Whisper White, Basic Grey, Always Artichoke and Rich Razzelberry) and made the card. Thing is I had a senior moment and instead of using Rich Razzelberry (which I don't have anyway!) I used Bravo Burgundy. I do love this challenge site so I will still enter my card and hope they don't tell me off too much!
Would you like to see a picture of the cake my Daughter made for her old Dad?

She'd covered it in yummy liquorice allsorts - his favourites.
You will be pleased to know that I was feeling much better for his party and very much enjoyed the cake and the champagne.............and the ice cream....................and the wine..............! See you soon - Jacqueline xx.

Comments

  1. Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for joining in with the Simply Stampin Challenge this week. Your card is lovely, I've used my Lovely as a Tree stamp set so much, and it goes so well with the Vintage Vogue edge stamp. Your daughters cake for her Dad looks fabulous too, hope you all had a great day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! You are a stamper after my own heart Jacqueline! Vintage Vogue looks wonderful on a male card and goes perfectly with the oak leaf from Lovely As A Tree.I'm not surprised felt better for hubby's party - that cake would've perked anyone up! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous and the boarder is a great idea too. Hope your husband enjoyed his birthday and the delicious cake, mmm!!
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin' xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You so got away with the pretty Vintage Vogue on this mans card, what a great idea!
    Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge, Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and gorgeous cake!!
    Thanks for taking part in the challenge this week at Simply Stampin...x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Colour Refresh