Yellow Rose

I got out my Graceful Garden stamp set again - I fell in love with this set when I first saw it in the catalogue and today I have a one layer card to share with you.
The card I have to share with you today uses this set and I had a very clear idea of what I wanted my card to look like but the finished result is nothing like I imagined - how does that happen????? Does this happen to anyone else?

Here it is


I tried a different way of colouring today. As my paintbrush was still out after my card making yesterday I thought I'd use it again.
The rose was stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The petals were coloured with So Saffron ink and the leaves with Pear Pizzazz. I pressed an acrylic block on my stamp pad and then used a paint brush that had been dipped in water to pick up the ink. It was then just painted on. The foliage around the edge of the card was stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Always Artichoke ink. The outside edges of the card were sponged with Crumb Cake ink.
Don't forget to check out this month's deals in the side bar and if you would like to order any of the products used in today's project or anything else - please use my on line shop or email me. Details are in the top tabs.

I'm working again today and I'm hoping the weather will be a bit better than it was yesterday. I got soaked walking home even though I had a full length mac on and an umbrella! Hopefully I will stay dry today and hopefully you will too. Have a great weekend - see you soon - J xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Colour Refresh