Sketch Time

All last year at the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge blog Mynnette and I created the weekly challenges - this year the rest of the dt have had the chance to get their own back and this month Ruth has created the challenges starting with this fantastic sketch - take a look


Here is my card


I have used some of the fabulous Candlelight Christmas Speciality DSP for my background and then used some Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla to mat and layer. I stamped the lone pine from Lovely as a Tree with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. Some natural coloured ribbon (scavenged from Christmas wrapping) was tied around the Crumb Cake mat.
I've not made many resolutions this year but one of the few is to decorate the insides of my cards - take a look


I stamped the pine tree again this time using Chocolate Chip ink and stamping twice and even three times before re-inking. I then used some Cherry Cobbler ink to stamp my sentiment from Sassy Salutations.

Materials
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Sassy Salutations
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Paper: Candlelight Christmas Speciality DSP
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder
Other: Gross Grain Ribbon
(Items above highlighted in red are Stampin' Up products and are all available in the current Annual Catalogue. I would be very happy to order any Stampin' Up product for you at any time and have it delivered direct to you door - details are at the top of the page).

Please don't forget to visit the challenge and take a look at the other DT cards - we have a DT Call going on there too - see you soon - Jacqueline xx

Comments

  1. Beautiful and LOVE the inside, funny I only thought yesterday I should stamp the insides of my card with at least a greeting - great minds think alike BTW your trees look fab!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant - love the shine on your embossed gold tree. Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beauty of a card and I like the inside too! happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline, this is BEAUTIFULLY simple! I LOVE the gold embossed tree and then that you made a "forest" on the inside!!! Beautiful, dear friend! HUGS and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pine tree done with gold embossing!! So elegant! I have always tried to add a little something to the inside of my cards ... but your stand of trees is gorgeous - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jacqueline! Ruth has been a very good influence on us as I've made the same resolution you did to finish the insides of my cards :o) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card Jacqueline - the gold embossed tree is so opulent! Love the red and the Crumb Cake combo and the simple knotted ribbon is a sweet touch!

    As for the inside - wowsers, that's impressive! I am so pleased to hear your resolution - but you know I'll be keeping tabs on you LOL!

    I am having a great time seeing what people have made with my simple sketch layout - thanks so much for making a wonderful card with it!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Colour Refresh