CAS - Sketch Time

So - feeling a little unwell today. It always seems to happen when I come home from Mum's. It's been a full on couple of weeks visiting Dad in hospital every day, dealing with nursing staff and care workers - which were totally brilliant. And also helping Mum sort the house out. They've had builders in recently and furniture has needed to be moved and re-arranged plus making room for all the medical equipment Dad needs around him when he is not in hospital. I've come home and the momentum has gone - nothing to rush around for and so I've flopped a bit and I'm feeling tired and a little sad really.
However there are still challenges to attend to and cards to be made especially today as Louise has a fab sketch for us to follow over on CAS - Colours & Sketches - take a look


This is such a lovely sketch lending itself to many possibilities - why not try rotating or flipping it? I however stayed true to the sketch and created a quick and easy Christmas card


I love trees and foliage and this pine sprig from the new Ornamental Pine set is just gorgeous. Inked up with Mossy Meadow and Early Espresso it fitted the half circle of the sketch perfectly and I added the pine cone on a dimensional. True to form my first attempt at stamping the sentiment went a bit wonky so I covered the mistake with a banner instead! The panel was attached to a background of Early Espresso card stock which had been put through the Big Shot in the Hexagon embossing folder.
Here's a close up of the pine sprig and cone


All of the items to make this card are available to buy through me - there are two catalogues in the side bar to view and if you would like to place an order please do drop me an email at deezinesart@icoud.com

Thanks  for stopping by today - see you again soon xx


Comments

  1. This is lovely, the embossing on the dark brown looks like a pine cone too and I love the stamp. Great idea to make a Christmas card
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pine tree against the dark brown embossed background - gorgeous for Christmas. Hope you are feeling better after a few days rest. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this card, Jacqueline! Love how you used the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the rustic feel of this card brought on by the textures and colors you chose. Excellently done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling a bit better Jacqueline. You certainly stepped up to the plate for this challenge - this is a magnificent card! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Colour Refresh