Wet Weather

Yuk - I hate days like this. I had to go shopping this morning and on the way out of the garden a rose bush that we have by the gate got overloaded with rain and soaked me all down my back! I also stepped in a puddle at the supermarket and soaked my feet. I hate being cold, but more than that I hate being cold and wet - I am really considering lighting a fire this evening!!!
Anyway - I got crafting this afternoon (with new stamps) and made this card
This is some 12" x 12" paper that I have had since time began and until today was shoved to the bottom of my card drawer (made a HUGE mess trying to get it earlier!) and the letter stamps were some I got for my birthday. Admittedly I didn't think they were that exciting but I have since changed my mind. So I stamped and embossed them on to the paper and also stamped and embossed some Lovely as a Tree and then I added a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Pointer. The embossing looked a little lost on the paper so I sponged it with some Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. I was quite pleased with this - I don't know what any one else thinks?
Well I'm off to re-fill my hot water bottle before preparing for tomorrow's new challenge on Make My Monday - be sure to pop over there my DT Ladies have produced some stunning work - see you soon - Jacqueline xx.

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous Jacqueline, really love the vintage feel which is perfect for a man's card.
    It's been tipping down here all day too and I managed to get a drooping branch hit me on the way back from my in laws earlier so got a bit wetter too! Looks like it's catching lol.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, off to put the air-con on and go to bed to cool down! lol

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeously artsy Jacqueline - I love it! And I know just what you mean about the shower of rain down the back! It's the rose bush getting its own back for all that pruning! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.