Blended Poppies

From time to time I have a sort out on my computer, I delete random pictures that I have uploaded and I create nice neat new files for the ones I like to keep. I also file all my card pics in files according to stamp sets.
Well one such tidying up session occurred a couple of days ago and I found a picture of a card I had made a loooooong time ago when I had first bought some of the new Blendabilities markers. I bought a set of the Cherry Cobbler and a set of the Old Olive.
I stamped out the Pleasant Poppies on to Very Vanilla card stock and set to work colouring


Now there are lots of ways to colour - check out all the tutorials on YouTube but as a painter I have always gone in first with the lightest shade and then added details with the darker shades.


Not bad for a first attempt!
Well after all that playing I just had to make a card and this is the result


I do believe that this was a sketch from a Mojo Monday challenge many weeks ago and in the end I think I must have run out of time for posting it - that is why it has lain in my pics folder for so long!

I must admit I am not a huge fan of alcohol markers but as a demonstrator I do get asked about them from time to time and tomorrow I will show you some more experiments I did with markers for a hostess party I did a while ago. That is if I can find them! I'm off to tidy my craft room now in the hopes of finding them - I may be some time!!!!
See you soon xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.