Time for something a bit different.

It's a long time since I got all grungy and inky but today seemed the right time to do it again. My Tim Holtz Grungepaper has been lying forgotten on my shelves for too long now. I also had some Idea-ology Film Strip Ribbon for Christmas and I have been dying to use it. Here is my Creation

This card started life as a tag to which I added a flower and swirl made with grungepaper, coloured with Distress Inks. The heart and wings are also grungepaper and they were attached using staples. I then added a small sentiment attached with a paper-clip and some of my new Film Strip Ribbon. The card base itself was just a 5" x 5" cream card square on to which I stamped a heart (Stampin' Up - Simply Said) with Tattered Rose Distress Ink. This was then inked with Brushed Corduroy. I added the polka dots by inking up one of my embossing folders with Fired Brick and stamping that directly onto the card. The brown card was torn, crumpled and spritzed with gold Perfect Pearls and then ironed. More of the Film Strip Ribbon was attached with brads. I then punched out some tiny grungepaper hearts, inked them with the Fired Brick, added a little gold acrylic paint and some Rock Candy Distress Stickles and stuck them on. Here are some close ups

All this effort has not been in vain - I shall be entering it into this weeks *SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW* challenge the theme being 'Stamp and Show Some Love'.
Hope you like it - thanks for looking - Jacqueline xx.

Comments

  1. Hooray for film strip ribbon!! I love this product - so versatile! The layout for the card is nice too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grungy prettiness of your card :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love all the different elements you have created and combined here. I especially like the chipboard hearts that you added to the film strip. Wonderful work on the LOVE challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.