An Homage To.....

...........THE Wendy Vecchi. For those of you not familiar with THE Wendy Vecchi - please click here - this link will transport you quite effortlessly over to the blog of the lady herself. Take a look - it's quite breathtaking.
So on to my poor imitation

This is for this week's challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog. The challenge is to create a piece of art in the style of (THE) Wendy Vecchi. Now unfortunatly I don't yet own any of her stamps so I had to improvise. I used chipboard for the base, an old wooden cotton reel (I know spooly things are what's proper - but they were out of stock) grungepaper flowers and a few bits of bling. The foliage was cut on my Cuttlebug. Oh and the butterflies were punched out of grungepaper with a Stampin' Up punch. I also used a S'U stamp (Flight of the Butterfly) to put the polka dots on the flowers and butterflies. All were coloured with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and spritzed with mica powders.
Thanks for looking - Jacqueline xx

Comments

  1. Jacqueline, this is not a "poor imitation" at all! I think you've done great, creating in Wendy's style!!
    Thank you for joining me & the other Design Team members for this week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge! We really appreciate you joining in with us again - hope you continue to do so every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no WV stamps but love what you have here t's lovely

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL....this is Awesome.....you def captured the "WENDY" style!!!

    thanks bunches for joining the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow just gorgeous!! those flowers are amazing! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Wendy style! The colours are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I like! Those dots are cool too :)

    Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp & Show!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is not to love about this! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.