Spiral Bound Book Tutorial.

I love making books, be it memory books or just plain notebooks - I love to make them and customise them.
This is one I made today:

She was inspired by I sketch I saw on Tuesday Morning Sketches and I didn't just want to make a card this time.
So I used some cereal boxes - 4 pieces 15 1/2 cm by 22cm and I glued them together. I glued the picture sides together so it wouldn't show through my paper when I came to cover it.

I then covered over them with brown wrapping paper - I bought it from my local Post Office - and then I decorated them.
I used some Anna Griffin blue polka dot paper and inked it with my Tim Holtz distress ink - Brushed Cordouroy and stamped some swirls using Stampin' Up inks Bordering Blue and Night of Navy.

The vintage lady is from the Craft Stamper Magazine web site - I just ripped the edges and inked them. The flowers are punched from vintage papers using the Stampin' Up 5 petal flower punch and again are distressed and inked. I stuck them on with brads.
I put my book together using a Zutter Bind-it-All machine. It punches the holes and puts the spirals in. (This could easily be made by using a hole punch and ring binders too).

And there you have it - a note book that is personal and unique

Hope you like it.
I have my craft group tonight we are making cards using mica powders - should be fun.
See you soon - Jacqueline xx.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.