Taking Inspiration

Today's card is one that has been inspired by the Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalogue. It uses the Ornate Flowers stamp set and some rather intricate cutting out - take a look


I started off by taking a piece of Kraft card stock and stamped on to it using Memento Desert Sand - it doesn't show up very well on the photo. I used the same stamp on the middle panel which is Tangerine Tango stamped with Pumpkin Pie ink. The flower panel is Old Olive and a separate flower was stamped and cut out and then raised up on some 3D foam pads. The cut out flowers were inked with Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write markers.
I can't wait to show you the card I made today for the Make My Monday challenge blog - it actually took me all afternoon to make (I was watching telly at the time!!) but I was really touched when my 18 year old son came into the room, picked it up and said 'wow mum that's really awsome' - high praise indeed. But you will have to wait 'til tomorrow morning to see it as it's 11.45pm and I'm off to bed - good night - Jacqueline xx.

Comments

  1. Great colours - the catalogues are always a good source for ideas aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like this ! When you see the new catalogue you try to be rational about the stamp sets you need , then you see a card like this and it's very easy to get carried away !
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours and a gorgeous card Jacqueline! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.