Tutorial Tuesday - To a Wild Rose Penny Slider Card

Today's post is a tutorial on making a Penny Slider card - very easy to do and very effective.
Let's go!



Gather a few items - card base, coloured and white card stock, inks and a stamp set with large floral images. I used To a Wild Rose.


Take your card base and mat and layer coloured and white card stock.


Next take a piece of card stock and create a piece to cover at least half of the card front - the wavy line is optional - you can leave it straight if you wish.



Now we are going to make a small slot - use a die, punch or do it just by eye but the width must be narrower than your penny.
I did mine with a circle punch: punch the holes at the ends of the slot and connect them using a craft knife.


Now it's time to do some stamping.
Add a background to your card and then make some elements to add to the front of your card and most importantly the things that you want to be able to slide.
I want my sentiment to slide and I will also add the butterfly to the slider too.


Place the sliding element of your card over the slot and add a 3D foam pad to the back.


Remove the backing of the foam pad and attach a penny.


Add 3D foam tape around your card stock being careful not to impede the movement of the penny.


Remove the backing and attach to the card front.
The sentiment now slides smoothly across the slot.


Add all the other elements to the card and you are good to go!
I have added my butterfly so it looks like it is flying to the flower!

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial and that you will have a go.
See you soon - J xx

Comments

  1. Such a clear tutorial and I love those gorgeous flowers and the way the butterfly seems to be flying to the flower in the foreground! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.